Maritime workers are exposed to a lot of risks and very dangerous conditions on platforms and rigs. Among some of these risks are falls, crush injuries, burns from fires, and amputations.
The attorneys at Javier Marcos & Associates will review to determine if compensation to sailors is available for those who have been harmed.
The accident could occur because of negligence on the part of the craft’s owner, the captain, the crew or because of defective equipment and the very dangerous conditions at work under which these brave, hard working men and women work on a daily basis.
If you’ve suffered an accident:
- On an petroleum platform rig.
The laws that protect workers on land don’t apply.
That’s why it’s necessary to turn to maritime laws to receive the compensation you deserve for your accident.
Maritime Laws include the “Jones Act” and the “Longshoreman’s and Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act”, amongst others. There are deadlines associated with a Maritime claim so do not delay — call the Maritime Injury Attorneys at Javier Marcos and Associates today.
The Jones Act
- Is a law that protects the safety and rights of sailors and workers that have suffered an accident at sea, on a ship or on a petroleum platform rig.
- It covers individuals who have had accidents on ships or on a petroleum platform rig or land rigs.
- It’s important to prove that you’re accident occurred during work out at sea and that the company that hired you is responsible for your accident.
Benefits of the Jones Act
- Pays you in disability cases.
- Compensation for financial support and healing the person.
- Reduced income or potentially reduce income.
- Covers losses or expenses.
- Compensation for financial support allows the maritime worker to receive money he or she will need to live while he or she is unable to return to work. While compensation for healing refers to the money spent by an individual for the injuries caused by the accident.
- Mariners and workers that do not apply for the Jones Act can, in some instances, apply for the Longshoreman’s and Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act.
- The difference is that with the Longshoreman’s and Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act you don’t receive compensation for financial support and for healing the person.
Longshoreman’s and Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act
- Is a law that protects mariners and workers that have suffered accidents at sea, at loading terminals, on a dock, on a ship, on a petroleum platform or on a land rig.
- A difference from the Jones Act is that this law doesn’t entitle you to compensation for financial support and the person’s healing. It covers all mariners and workers that work on the sea and offer services on land.
Benefits of the Longshoreman’s and Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act:
- Pays in case of Disability.
- Reduced income or potentially reduced income.
- Covers Losses and expenses.
Let us help you
If you are a mariner and worker that has suffered an accident while doing your job, call the Jones Act and Longshoreman and Harbor Workers Injury Attorney Javier Marcos now to receive the fair compensation that you deserve.
The office will determine if in your case the Jones Act or the Longshoreman’s and Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act will be better.
Your Call is Important
If you’ve suffered an accident, you have a right to file a lawsuit to recover your losses, medical expenses, treatment, pain & suffering, lost wages, inability to work or function, property damages, and others.
It’s important that you quickly call Attorney Javier Marcos & Associates so that you can commence your medical treatment, do not worsen your legal position, preserve evidence, and learn your rights.
Attorney Free Consultation is provided by Javier Marcos and Associates, your information is 100% confidential and we’ll visit the accident site, your home, or the hospital.
If you need a truck accident attorney, personal injury lawyer, auto accident attorney, motorcycle accident lawyer, road rage attorney, work accident attorney, construction accident attorney, bicycle accident lawyer, maritime accident lawyer, jones act attorney, explosion attorney, burn injury lawyer, chemical exposure attorney, dog bite lawyer, liens in construction lawyer, construction liens attorney, criminal defense attorney or a litigation attorney.